Northstar can help drive your growth and profitability
EXPERTS IN TECHNOLOGY FINANCE & ACCOUNTING
Never has an efficient and impactful finance function been more important to fast-growth technology companies – where cash is king and the pressure from board members and investors to stay informed is constant. Our executives have worked with Technology CEOs for years and have used our unique industry and finance expertise to help drive impressive bottom line results.
The Technology Industry
Financial expertise you can trust
Technology companies find themselves challenged by financial issues stemming from:
- Immature Financial Controls and Processes
- Investors requiring specific and detailed financial reporting
- Capital constraints limiting the ability to hire finance leader(s)
Northstar provides our Technology clients with dedicated, expert financial resources to eliminate these difficult challenges.
From cash flow management to fundraising, companies are relying on the finance team for more robust financial reporting, more insightful metrics and help with communicating with the board and investors.
Challenges Faced by Our Technology Clients
Trust Northstar to be your partner
Immature Financial Controls and Processes:
- Shortage of more formal and suitable financial plans, records and forecasts
- Financial analysis and reporting necessary to raise capital or sell the business
- Lengthy and inefficient budgeting or forecasting processes
- The lack of dedicated resources for a full time CFO/Controller
- Belief that a bookkeeper is sufficient
- Prioritizing customer acquisition and product development over finance
Lack of Critical Reporting & KPIs:
- Investors (VC/PE firms) looking for specific financial reporting and forecasting
- The need for sophisticated financial modeling for forecasting and funding scenarios
- Consensus on top financial metrics and ability to use them as business KPIs
- Running an organization without proper financial and analytic information available
Scarcity of industry qualified financial resources:
- Current bookkeeper lacks financial expertise in capital structure
- More sophisticated financial leadership required to drive business forward
- Difficulty translating the data into usable and management-ready analysis and insights
- Founders of technology companies possess expertise in areas outside of finance, leaving a gap
Our Technology-Specific Services
How we support your financial needs
- Professional Onboarding System
- Cleanup Historical Financials
- Review Tax Planning Strategy
- Entity Objectives
- Perpetual Data Room
- GAAP (and IFRS) compliant bookkeeping and financials
- Prepare Monthly Reporting Package
- Quarterly Investor Package
- Create Management KPI Analysis Dashboard
- Month End Reconciliations
- 6-Month Rolling Cash Forecast
- Accounting Policies & Controls
- Financial Models for Deal Analysis
- “Lean” Methods to drive cost savings
Under-Skilling Your Finance Function Can Lead To:
- Lower Profitability
- Financials Not being “Investor Ready”
- Lower Valuation for Your Business
- Lack of Metrics and Robust Reporting
- Lack of Policies & Controls
- Limited Cash Saving Protocols
- Weak Investor Relations
- Projects failing to get off the ground/funded
Technology Client Benefits
Our experts bring bottom-line value to your firm
We have practical and real-world finance experience within the technology industry that allows us to effectively:
- Navigate the complexity of Internal Revenue Code (IRC) 280E to minimize your tax burden while remaining compliant with current laws and regulatory obligations.
- Develop technology-specific financial metrics and KPIs that provide clients with the ability to improve business performance by benchmarking and measuring the results of their actions.
- Leverage detailed, multi-year cash flow projections that bring our clients peace of mind in understanding capital and growth plans long-term.
- Templatize the board and investor deck process so that your company benefits from consistent financial information without monthly “fire drills”.
- Develop and manage our client’s cap table to identify the ownership, control and overall capital structure of the company making it easy to forecast potential payouts and dilution under specific scenarios.
- Develop a detailed and up to date operational model by optimizing systems and organizational structure to enable scalable growth and to facilitate fundraising discussions.
- Create dynamic and effective financial models and audit-ready financial statements and forecasts for clients to maximize profit and cash management
Why Our Technology Clients Choose Us
Our financial experts are here to help you